Following tables show our Dubai car rental terms and conditions at a glance. For car rental rates, kindly visit our fleet page.
| Documents Required
- UAE Driving License
- Emirates ID
- Passport copy
- Visa copy
- GCC/EU/International Driving License
- Visa/entry stamp page copy
| Driver’s Age
|25 years and above.
| Mileage / KM Limit
|250 KM x No. of days rented
|Example: 250 x 2 days rented = 500 KM total
|Extra KM: charged at only AED 0.50 per KM
|Monthly Limit: 6000 KM
| Salik (Toll) / Traffic Fines
|Salik/Toll: Charged at AED 5 per crossing
|Fines: AED 20 as administrative charge for each traffic fines
| Accident / Insurance Policy
|a. Non-Faulty Paper from Police:
||No insurance excess
|b. Faulty Paper from Police:
||Pay AED 1500 as insurance excess
|c. Police Paper without Other Party:
||Pay AED 1500 as insurance excess
|d. No Police Paper / Hit and Run:
||Pay full repair charges
| Fuel Policy
|Same to same level
| VAT (Value Added Tax) in UAE
|Car rental amount and all our charges except government charges like Salik and Fines are subject to VAT at 5 %
| How Days Are Calculated
|24 hours from check-out time = 1 Day
|2 hours grace time to return car and thereafter another full day charged
|Checking-in only during office time (10am to 8pm)
|No check-in on Fridays and Public Holidays
| Security Deposit
|refunded after 21 working days from the date of car return
Our car rental terms and conditions in detail below:
INSURANCE / ACCIDENT / DAMAGES
- All our vehicles are comprehensively insured. Hirer’s liability will be limited to insurance excess of AED 1500 in case of an accident where the Hirer is at fault. In addition to this, 3-7 days rental amount of the same car has to be paid as a compensation for car being held in the garage for repairs. Hirer’s liability will also be limited to the above insurance excess if the accident is a “Hit and Run” where the third party is not identified (even if the Hirer is given a non-faulty report).
- The vehicle is insured only for those drivers whose licenses are registered in this rental agreement.
- The vehicle is not insured for off-road driving, rallying, racing or drifting.
- The vehicle is not insured for driving in standing water.
- The vehicle is not insured for any damage or loss if the driver was under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- The vehicle is not insured to any damage or loss to personal belongings or luggage.
- The vehicle is not insured for driving outside the UAE territory.
- The Hirer agrees that in case of an accident where it is declared TOTAL LOSS (vehicle beyond economical repair) by the insurance company, the Hirer has to pay to the company 30% of the purchase value of the vehicle (if the vehicle is less than 12 months old from the date purchase) or 20% of the purchase value (if the vehicle is between 12 to 24 months old from the date purchase).
- All insurance and damage claims will require a police report in order to be processed. However, minor damages without police paper will be charged and the amount will be finalized only after our direct inspection.
- Repairs done by third-party garages and mechanics will not be acceptable.
- Non-compliance with the above terms will make the Hirer will be fully responsible and liable for any damage, fines, penalties and charges.
CHARGES / PAYMENTS
- All rental periods are calculated on a 24-hour basis. There is 2-hour grace period for returning the vehicle and thereafter full day rent will be charged. However cars are to be returned during the working days and within the working hours (Thursdays return before 7pm only).
- The Hirer is allowed to drive 250 KM per day. Additional usage will be charged at the rate of AED 0.50 per KM.
- The Salik (toll) charge will be AED 5 per crossing.
- Traffic fine charges will be the actual fine, plus AED 20 as administration fee. We will inform you as soon as we get a notification from the concerned authorities. You will be required to pay this amount immediately upon notification.
- Hirer has to pay the full impounding fees and charges if the vehicle is impounded by government authorities or police for any reason.
- The hirer undertakes not to tint the vehicle glass or put any other stickers on the vehicle body. If hirer does do so, then they will be liable for a compensation fee of AED 500 in addition to any fines imposed by the government authorities.
- The hirer agrees to return the vehicle in neat and clean condition if it was delivered neat and clean or pay AED 100 as car wash charge.
- The hirer agrees to return the vehicle with the same quantity of fuel or pay for the same at the time of returning the vehicle.
- If the monthly contract is cancelled before completing 30 days, daily rental rates will be applied.
- All monthly rental invoices has to be paid within 7 days from the date of invoice. Overdue invoices will be charged AED 100 for each weeks delayed.
- Cheque bounce charge will be AED 200 for each cheques returned.
- Security deposit paid by the Hirer will be refunded after 21 working days from the date of car return to take care of any extra traffic fines appearing late. AL MAHER RENT A CAR CO LLC reserves the right to void the contract and take back the vehicle from the Hirer at any time.
VEHICLE USAGE / MAINTENANCE / SERVICE
- The Hirer undertakes to keep the car in good condition by periodically checking the oil, water, and tire pressures and inform us of any mechanical, tire or electrical problems.
- The hirer needs to report to us any signal that appears on the screen for warning of any type of maintenance. The hirer shall bear any damages as a result of driver misuse including an administration fee for not reporting this fault and continuing to drive the vehicle.
- The Hirer has to bring the vehicle for periodical service and maintenance like oil change as per our reminders and notifications.
- Non-compliance with service requests may result in the imposition of a penalty, the value of which may exceed the value of the rental contract. We will provide a similar replacement vehicle during service, maintenance or accident repairs.
RESTRICTIONS / PROHIBITIONS
- Smoking in our vehicles is strictly prohibited as it damages our vehicles and is a safety hazard while driving. Smoking in our vehicles may result in a charge of up to AED 1000, determination of which will be at the sole discretion of our staff member checking-in the vehicle.
- Off-road driving, rallying, racing or drifting in our vehicles is strictly prohibited. Damages caused by such activities will not be covered by insurance and will be borne by the Hirer in full.
- Driving through standing water should be avoided at all times as this can cause major damage to the engine. Such damage will not be covered by insurance and will be borne by the Hirer in full.
- Pets may be allowed in our vehicles, however, cleaning and damage penalties will be charged.
- Driving to Oman or any other country is not permitted unless the Hirer is given the written permission from our company.